Pretoria North 7km Hike
The trail is 7kms, fairly flat with few slight climbs, descends & technical rocks. It should take 2 – 3 hours to complete the trail with magnificent view points. This is the right trail for beginners.
- Cancellation less than 30 days from hike date = No refund.
- Cancellations 30 days prior from the hike date: 80% refund of paid amount.
- Cancellations due to extreme weather conditions = 50%.
- Any other cancellations (excluding the above) by Actvyt = 100% refund of the paid amount.
The registration fee includes a fruit, energy bar, soft drinks, and water throughout the hike and finisher’s gift. The hike will be guided by a certified fitness coach with advanced first aid level, and there will be other guides who will assist with the hike. All applicable reserve entrance fee are included in the registration. Pictures taken during the hike will be posted on Facebook ActVyt Lifestyle page
- Make sure you know the leader/s of the hike, follow and listen to him, DON’T deviate from the hike without his permission;
- MUST be active and willing to hike for +/- 5 hours.
- Please remain with the group unless the leader has agreed to split the group by nominating a sub-leader;
- Hikers MUST wear hiking gear such as hiking footwear and pants; you CANNOT hike in designer sneakers, sandals, or flip-flops;
- A hat, raincoat, and/or sweater should be packed just in case the weather changes;
- Please ensure you carry your gear in a suitable pack, NO plastic bags or handbags are allowed;
- Hikers must carry a minimum of 2 litres of water and have adequate sun protection cream. (For your convenience please carry a small first aid kit);
- Please keep noise levels to a respectable level, however laughter is acceptable;
- Hikers under the age of 18 must be accompanied and he/she is the responsibility of a nominated hiker. If there is an age restriction on the hike, please do not argue with the hike leader if they feel it would be safer to stick to the age restriction;
- Everyone participating in the hike MUST respect each other and if they misbehave, the hike leader has the right to stop a hiker/s form hiking;
- The hike leader MUST be notified of any medical conditions and it is at his discretion whether a hiker will be allowed to hike with the group;
- DO NOT litter, all litter must be taken to the finishing point for disposal;
- DO NOT pick any plants and no uprooting of plants;
- Don’t cheat by cutting corners, even when you think nobody is looking;
- Have FUN and ENJOY! Hiking is all about the friendships, fresh air and places that only YOU will ever see. Take the time to have fun with your fellow hikers, stop and smell the flowers and make wonderful memories as you can.