Mpumalanga 2 Day Hike
The area is very rugged and scenic. The trail takes in the most beautiful areas of the farm. This trail is an accredited 2 day circular hiking trail and it known for its spectacular scenic beauty and is considered one of the best ‘weekend break’ hiking trails near the Gauteng Metropoles of Johannesburg and Pretoria.
This 2 day (16km) hike and it requires some level of fitness. It is graded from moderate to difficult. You must at least attend three preparatory hikes prior the expedition. You should have NO injuries and must be fit and healthy to complete this hike.
R2000pp including rustic style accommodation (x 6 sleeper per room), meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks), finishing gift & trail fees
R2700pp including transport transfer JHB Sandton/PTA Lynwood, rustic style accommodation (x 6 sleeper per room), meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks), finishing gift & trail fees
The hike will be guided by a certified fitness coach with advanced first aid level, and additional guides for support. Pictures taken during the hike will be posted on
Facebook ActVyt Lifestyle page
- Make sure you know the leader/s of the hike, follow and listen to him, DON’T deviate from the hike without his permission;
- MUST be active and willing to hike for +/- 5 hours.
- Please remain with the group unless the leader has agreed to split the group by nominating a sub-leader;
- Hikers MUST wear hiking gear such as hiking footwear and pants; you CANNOT hike in designer sneakers, sandals, or flip-flops;
- A hat, raincoat, and/or sweater should be packed just in case the weather changes;
- Please ensure you carry your gear in a suitable pack, NO plastic bags or handbags are allowed;
- Hikers must carry a minimum of 2 litres of water and have adequate sun protection cream. (For your convenience please carry a small first aid kit);
- Please keep noise levels to a respectable level, however laughter is acceptable;
- Hikers under the age of 18 must be accompanied and he/she is the responsibility of a nominated hiker. If there is an age restriction on the hike, please do not argue with the hike leader if they feel it would be safer to stick to the age restriction;
- Everyone participating in the hike MUST respect each other and if they misbehave, the hike leader has the right to stop a hiker/s form hiking;
- The hike leader MUST be notified of any medical conditions and it is at his discretion whether a hiker will be allowed to hike with the group;
- DO NOT litter, all litter must be taken to the finishing point for disposal;
- DO NOT pick any plants and no uprooting of plants;
- Don’t cheat by cutting corners, even when you think nobody is looking;
- Have FUN and ENJOY! Hiking is all about the friendships, fresh air and places that only YOU will ever see. Take the time to have fun with your fellow hikers, stop and smell the flowers and make wonderful memories as you can.